Are you passionate about working with children and want to play a part in shaping their futures while running your own business from home?
Why not combine your passion for children with the opportunity to create a rewarding and flexible career as a professional family day care educator with Coastal Family Day Care Scheme.
As a family day care educator, you can care for up to 7 children (including your own children under 13 years of age) with no more than 4 children preschool age or under.
Qualifications and Professional Requirements
- Hold a Certificate III, Diploma or higher qualification in Education and Care
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates and training in Emergency Management of Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Working with Vulnerable People clearance and Police Check
- Maintain current Public Liability Insurance
- Undertake Training Courses in Child Protection (Mandatory Reporting), Fire Safety & Emergency Response, Food Safety, Safe Sleeping and Manual Handling
Creating Your Educational Environment
- As a family day care educator, it would be expected that you would provide a safe, stimulating and educational learning environment in line with the National Quality Framework.
- Coastal Family Day Care will do an assessment of your residence and advise of any changes that may be required.
- If you live in a rental property, you will need to advise your landlord of your intent to operate a family day care service.
Ongoing Support & Professional Development
You will have regular ongoing contact with Coastal Family Day Care staff including home visits, training, meetings and workshops to support you in maintaining currency of skills and knowledge and to deliver quality education and care to children in your service.Helpful Links